Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Dinner with zucchini and kale

Tonight I had an amazing combination of flavors for dinner, thanks to my friend Mahi for passing me these magical recipes. (I highly recommend checking out Pure & Simple cooking book by Brahma Kumaris)

Zucchini Mash


I steamed 2 large zucchinis and then blend them in a food processor.
I then added a bit of oil in a saucepan and added 1/4 cup of flour.
Aftern blending well the two ingredients I added the zucchini.
I then made a mixture of 1/2 c. of chopped walnuts, 2 tbs tahini, a little lemon juice, chili flakes, cumin and pinch of salt. (Mahi mou I used your advice on the tahini instead of yogurt and transformed the recipe into a vegan one)

Kale with Pine Nuts and Raisins


I boiled my kale in a bit water. 
I then toasted a few pine nuts and after removing them I added a couple of tbs of olive oil. 
I tossed in the kale and mixed well. I then added the pine nuts, 2 tbs of raisins and some lemon and adjusted salt and pepper to taste.


YIAAAM! 

No comments:

Post a Comment